Monday, March 26, 2018

76 147 158 177 | Did Facebook read my private emails?, March 25, 2018


The news reminds me why I stopped using Facebook (Report, 22 March). Back in 2015-16 my mother was dying and I only used my BT email when writing to family and friends about her, never mentioning her on Facebook, the only social media I used. Suddenly I started getting pop-up adverts on Facebook for funeral organisers, will writers and monumental masons. At a time of great emotional pain, I was confronted by this every time I went on to Facebook like a slap in the face. I complained to BT that it seemed my emails were being compromised, when I thought what I wrote in them was private. They said it should be and they would investigate but I heard no more.
 
More familiar numbers that we saw previously.



"Suddenly I started getting pop-up adverts on Facebook for funeral organisers, will writers and monumental masons."



No comments:

Post a Comment